TRANSITION SEMINARS for Middle Managers.
Middle Management in today’s US corporations are representatives of the global population. New processes and effective interpersonal communication skills are critical to a manager’s success. In this constantly changing environment an effective manager must be both consistent and flexible. To meet dynamic business challenges, organizations must engage employees and align individua and department goals with the company’s mission.
TRANSITIONS TO MANAGEMENT Management Skills Development
Over 6,000 executives at Fortune 500 firms use the action plans and skills developed during MTM’s Transition Seminars to successfully seek and accept promotions and assimilate into new work environments.
- Support successful career transition, improve retention and engage your Middle Managers.
- Provide on-going leadership development through training and group coaching.
- Maintain skills by offering on-site facilitation, coaching and mentoring resource to assist successful project implementation.
- Model positive management practices and interpersonal communications/behavioral approaches that create a motivating work environment.
- Encourage talent growth in alignment with succession plans and business goals.
TRANSITIONS TO MANAGEMENT I SEMINAR (TM1)
The series begins with four modules presented in an intensive, interactive two-day seminar designed to offer new, potential and experienced managers the opportunity to explore new techniques, to refresh skills, share perspectives, examine individual styles and explore proven management options.
Optional PRACTICUM: Three to Six Months of Participant-Initiated Coaching (E-Coaching)
- Participants are invited to maintain contact with Seminar administrator using internet email for three months during period between seminars.
- If client has available facilities for Webinar technology, class members may request one conference call with administrator monthly for three months after initial seminar.
TRANSITIONS TO MANAGEMENT II SEMINAR (TM2)
A one-day follow-up seminar focusing on the skills of planning, participants will be engaged in activities to help them relate personal management experiences since the TM1 class:
- Review of key points of TM1
- Introduction of additional planning and communications skills
- Identify personal strengths and the areas that could be improved.
- Discuss individual action plans for personal growth
Graduating participants will receive a ‘diploma’. In some companies, members choose a Class Leaders to organize future sharing events and maintain on-going communications.
The TRANSITIONS series of seminars provide consistent skill-building in a highly-interactive classroom environment. Each program in the series is directed to a different level of audience: the core competencies in management, communication, recognition, and motivation remain the same.
Let your staff know they are valued.
Enhance their job satisfaction. Improve internal communications. Provide managers with the tools to express their ideas, gain the support of others, and receive the recognition they deserve.
- Develop a Forum to identify issues, address concerns and learn how others have survived -and succeed-in a changing environment.
- Support innovation by recognizing the culture of risk, supporting pride and confidence to lead and address business objectives with the agility to respond to flexible goals.
TRANSITIONS SEMINAR FOLLOW-UP
A key element of this program is the use of external thought-leaders and consultants to present inspiring case studies. Each speaker will present approaches from advanced education in management and behavioral sciences to offer practical management skills-based support.
Self-Coaching: The desired outcome of the development effort is to enable each ‘class’ to become an on-going support network for members. Each group will learn to provide self-coaching. In addition, graduates of TM will be selected and invited to provide on-going support to a specific ‘class’ following the completion of the seminars.
To discuss how you can support the Transition of your future leaders, contact MTM today.
Are you a technical expert considering a management position? Read how MTM has supported others at this critical career juncture:
Read MTM’s Case Story
From Tech to Manager